Thursday 8 September 2011

The story of the Red Nail Paint

The place I was born was as unknown then
As it is now to me,
You ask "So why do you decide to pen"
"If you don't know this, silly ?"
But what would I do if my mommy,
Herself had no clue.
She left me in this place named Tommy,
Hilfiger known by few!


Picked, dumped, dazzled, hassled,
Every time, opened eyes to see myself shackled
Sometimes saw no light for days,
Does the Sun really have rays?


By big glassy windows was I kept,
Laying there like a vegetable inept.
Ladies, young and clad-young, walked by,
And I kept wondering why that "Sigh".


Some thither and gave me a look, so close
At times was conscious and other times got a marijuana dose!
The good days were not to be forever, I learnt,
The separation from the counter girl, my heart burnt.


Again packed, wrapped, thrown and sacked,
Drifted in a gush, so strong, compassion lacked.
The new place had no window, no velvet to lay,
A box so cold and plastic, that I even heard a donkey bray!


As days passed, I got sure, I was here now for eternity,
Like others in the box, old, brazened, of my fraternity.


And then one day they hopped along,
Just chirpy and bubbly, like a Scottish song.
They picked me over the others and saw how I performed,
"Oh take me home, please take me now, I am perfect, not deformed."


Prayers heard at last, I was somewhere I could call home,
She was lanky, tardy and sometimes even wore dresses Chrome!
Nevertheless, I was her first and I loved it that way,
Clueless! She gave me looks but had nothing to say.


The gong had struck and she picked me to play with,
I would finally know who I am, surrendering to no myth.
When on her nails finally, my past didn't matter,
Now sunken in my truth, no change of seasons, me deter.

3 comments:

Ameya Pimpalgaonkar said...

Superb..is this about a purse or a nail paint :-| sorry for my not being able to understand it thoroughly but again, great piece!!

yaar motivation lo aur writer bano

Ameya

Abhinav Gupta said...

Mind blowing!!!
Amazing lay of words and the scenery, if I may describe it that way!!

Arpita, your ability to relate inanimate objects with real life feelings of dilema, euphoria and contemplation make me go delirious with pleasure. :D

WoW!!!

I could relate to the description when we wonder about our fate, our motive in life and then followed by the moments of clarity. I love this poem and this also goes into my ever growing list of my fav. poems by my favourite poet! :D

nInI said...

Lovely :-*